What To Bring When 4x4ing Through Zambia
There is no better way to explore the beautiful landscape of Zambia than a 4×4 trip through the country, either in your own vehicle or in a rented one from South Africa 4×4. A 4×4 is essential for the most part of Zambia, especially during the rainy season. You will also need to plan your trip properly and exercise some patience while driving. Road conditions can vary severely and driving can often be slow and petrol stations are few and far between.
There a very few parts in the world where you can feel so close to nature and also feel so far away from civilisation. It is not for the faint hearted to 4×4 through Zambia but with the expert service and advice you will receive from South Africa 4×4, it should be a breeze. As tough as this task may be, it will be an unforgettable experience if you are brave enough. If you wish to see Zambia for the beautiful landscape that it truly is, below are some things you need to pack in order to be prepared for anything:
Things to take:
- Spare tyres for your vehicle and your trailer.
- Spare fuses in case one blows.
- Spare filters, oil, fuel and air. It may be a good idea to install an extra inline fuel filter to combat any dirty fuel, especially with a diesel engine.
- Puncture repair kit
- Spare globes for headlights.
- Extra spotlights in the front for night driving.
- At least 100L of spare fuel but the ideal amount will be around 140L. Fill the tank whenever you can, even if it’s just a top up.
- A basic tool kit
- You will need a special jack to lift your vehicle quite high.
- Cable ties
- Front bash protector to help you get through bushy areas.
- Rent a 4×4 from South Africa 4×4 with a higher front bumper, it is safer and provides higher clearance.
- Air compressor to pump flat or repaired tyres.
- Spare batteries
- Consider taking an inverter to 220V.
- Having solar panels on your roof can help keep batteries or lights charged in case of emergencies. Also, if you are running a fridge in the vehicle, it will run a lot harder in the hot weather of Zambia.
- Some kind of fuel cleaner
- An extra map to use for any extra planning or to view a larger portion of the map at once.
If you make the smart choice by choosing one of our packages at South Africa 4×4, we will provide everything you will need to make your journey spectacular.