- DRIVERS AND ALTERNATIVE DRIVERS OF THE VEHICLE
- PROCEDURE TO BE FOLLOWED BY THE CLIENT IN THE CASE OF AN ACCIDENT
- REPAIR AND REPLACEMENT OF THE VEHICLE
- STORAGE OF THE CLIENT VEHICLE
- USE OF THE VEHICLE
- CRITICAL LIST
- 4×4 CAMPING PACK LIST
Between Travel Concessions Africa ( PTY ) Ltd / South Africa 4×4
Registration Number : 2011 / 123 705 / 07 – Hereafter : TCA / SA4x4
Add Your Details : Name / Surname and Country of Origin – Hereafter : The Client
South Africa 4×4 is a division of Travel Concessions Africa ( PTY ) Ltd. We kept our rental conditions plain and simple. Written in plain English in order for all to understand. Should you need clarification on any point please contact us at : firstname.lastname@example.org.
Client confirms that I have viewed the internal policies of Travel Concessions Africa and I agree with their implementation should they become due and valid. These policies form part of this agreement. Details are available to all clients at : http://southafrica4x4.co.za/terms-and-conditions/
- All drivers to have a valid driver’s license from their country of origin. We do recommend an International Driver License for rentals outside South African borders.
- The minimum age of drivers are 21. Any age below is subject to written approval.
- Drivers that are under 21 years of age and who have received written permission to rent will be subject to a R 10 000 excess, per incident, in the case of an insurance claim, regardless of insurance option paid for.
- Vehicles are allowed to drive on game parks roads, jeep tracks, public bitumen / tar roads or public recognised tracks, in southern Africa.
Your 4×4 Rental :
- Rental fee is calculated on a daily calendar rate.
- Minimum rental period is seven days.
- When making your reservation a 25% non-refundable deposit is required to confirm your rental.
- All currency transfers and refunds are subject to the daily spot rate as published by any of the four large commercial banks in South Africa. TCA is not liable for any losses due to exchange rates or additional bank fees.
Your Equipment :
- You are supplied with an Equipment Checklist on pick up of the vehicle that reflects all equipment packed for your rental.
- On pick up of the 4×4 a full inspection is made with the client. All equipment supplied and the upkeep and safe keep thereof is the responsibility of the client. TCA will cover equipment losses or breakages up to R 50 per trip, thereafter the client is liable for replacement of lost equipment.
- Any costs for equipment losses and diesel shortages are collected at the end of your trip.
- Our rentals have no bonds or holding deposits.
- The rental rate you are quoted includes standard insurance. Additional insurance can be taken in order to reduce your risk :
- Standard Insurance : Excess of R 20 000, Tyres and windscreen are excluded.
- CDW2 – Additional R 260 per day. Includes Tyres and windscreen.
- An R 3 000 admin fee is charged should an insurance claim arise regardless of which insurance option you chose.
- Client are required to assist TCA with the claim / repair / reporting processes. Failure to assist will result in that claims need to be settled by the client in full.
- All accidents need to be reported within 24 hours at the nearest police station in the country where the accident took place.
- If you want to claim damages from insurance it is regarded as an accident. This claim will require a Police Accident Report made in the country where the accident took place.
- Accidents that are caused by a single vehicle ( roll overs, no other vehicles involved ) will carry a R20 000 excess regardless of your insurance option. With Single Vehicle Accidents we do not replace the rolled / accident damaged vehicle and there is no refund for the remainder of the rental. TCA will assist in finding an alternative rental vehicle for the client. Once a replacement has been found the Client signs a new contract with the new rental company. TCA does not sign contracts with 3rd parties on behalf of Clients.
- Your insurance details will be confirmed with you at the pick up of your 4×4 vehicle and can be changed at pick up.
Our insurance ( regardless of your option ) will not cover you should you drive your 4×4 rental under the following circumstances :
- Driving under the influence of liquor, drugs or any item that disables you from driving properly.
- Driving in breach of any traffic laws e.g. : excessive speed.
- Driving at night. ( excludes when you are driving in a town and doing your activities / going to dinner for the evening ).
- Damaged caused by careless, willful or reckless driving.
- Water submersion ( river crossing ) or salt water damage ( launching of boats ). We keep clients responsible for water related repairs up to 6 months after your rental has ended.
- Incorrect use of high / low range and diff locks.
- Any person driving the 4×4 who was not recorded under the rental agreement.
- Pick up of hitch hikers or passengers, or persons who are not recorded on the client information.
- Use of the vehicle for any illegal activity.
- Full off road use / restricted roads without consent by South Africa 4×4.
Repair to Vehicle :
- All our vehicles are serviced in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications. We also do additional services and preventative maintenance in order to enhance the reliability of our vehicles.
- All vehicles are late models with full service history, but should minor repairs be required the Client / renter is permitted to make minor repairs up to the value of R 250.
- For a refund on repairs undertaken, full invoices need to be emailed within 7 days to after your adventure to : email@example.com. Refund will be made to your Credit Card / EFT and paid within 21 days after the submission of your claim.
- Any repairs above R 250 require pre-approval – please phone our 24-hour help line number who will assist you with where the repair need to take place and to authorize the expense. No authorization = no refund.
- Clients to assist in making the vehicle available for repairs and taking the vehicle in for repairs. We use workshops across Africa and they cannot go out to your camp site or meet you in the parking area at the shopping centre.
- Time loss, inconvenience caused, alternative accommodation costs incurred due to mechanical failure are not covered by TCA. Your Travel Insurance should cover this.
Replacement of Vehicle :
- We only replace a vehicle when repairs cannot be done and is not able to drive any further.
- We reserve the right to substitute the vehicle in circumstances beyond our control. This includes but is not limited to breakdowns, late returns, customs and accidents. We are not going to get involved in arguments on the merits of the replacement vehicle. The vehicle will be equipped and suitable for your adventure. Models may differ. We use Toyota Hilux Double Cab 4×4 vehicles in our back up fleet and this is the replacement vehicle.
- We endeavour to replace a vehicle that cannot be repaired within :
- 24 hours in South Africa / Lesotho / Swaziland / Namibia / Botswana
- 48 hours in Livingstone / Zambia / Northern Namibia and remote Botswana
- 72 hours in North Zambia / Zimbabwe / Mozambique / Malawi
- 96 hours in Tanzania / Kenya / Uganda
- As soon as possible in Rwanda / Burundi / Angola / Other countries not mentioned
These time frames exclude Public Holidays and weekends.
- No vehicle will be replaced if the vehicle was driven at excessive speeds or abuse of the vehicle has taken place or the vehicle was taken into areas not specified on the rental agreement. We monitor these activities with satellite tracking.
- Clients that misleads TCA in order to undertake repairs or replace a vehicle will be held liable for cost associated with the repair ( actual invoice ) or replacement ( charged at R 12 per kilometer).
Close Out of Rental / Return of Rental
- On return of your rental TCA inspects the vehicle with the client for any major damage (body, tyres, main equipment). We do not inspect all equipment at the return of the rental. A full inspection is done at our premises the day after the return. Any items missing or broken will be recorded and communicated with the Client.
- We allow a period of 21 days for your rental file to be signed off and completed. This is done by our admin team. Once completed a follow up email will be sent to the Client.
- If there are any refunds due this will be paid within 21 days after the completion of the rental. Refunds are paid back to the original credit card the Client has paid with or to a nominated bank account or through PayPal on arrangement.
Clients Paying via EFT / Debit Card
- TCA does accept clients who prefer to pay by EFT / Debit Card.
- A R 3 000 imprint of a Credit Card or Debit Card for EFT clients will be required at pick up of the rental.
Abuse of Our Vehicles
- We reserve the right to take back rented vehicles where excessive speeds or reckless and / or dangerous driving took place.
- Clients will receive a warning via text message to alert clients to any transgressions. Should a transgression take place again we make arrangements where the vehicle will be collected.
- All costs for this collection is for the Client. There is no refund for the remainder of the rental.
- Transgressions are any point on our Critical List that we discuss with the Client at handover of the vehicle. Also see : http://southafrica4x4.co.za/terms-and-conditions/
- For reasons beyond our control that a reserved vehicle becomes unavailable, TCA reserves the right to substitute the vehicle. This shall not constitute a breach of contract or entitle the client to a refund. Should we not be able to replace the vehicle the rental contract terminates with no further liability incurred by TCA. The deposit will be refunded.
- We do no rent out vehicles to tour operators.
- An early return = no refund.
- Late returns will be charged on a per day basis. A penalty fee of R 2000 per day will be charged. Please make arrangements before the time and we will assist without any penalties.
- All border fees of whatever nature, 3rd party insurance, road tax or any other fees payable to cross borders remain for the cost of the client.
- The Client must in general disclose their route as specific areas could influence vehicle preparation.
- We reserve the right to amend quotes. Once you have been quoted and we signed a rental agreement there will be no changes to the rates. Only in the event that there is an increase in VAT or other Government taxes we will pass these increases on to our Client.
- We reserve the right not to enter in a rental agreement.
- TCA / South Africa 4×4 cannot be held liable for 3rd party nonperformance. (accommodation / camp sites, activity providers). This includes border crossings / officials and traffic officers.
- Any problems experienced with a rental vehicle should be reported in writing during the rental period or at drop off. We accept no liability for any claims submitted thereafter.
- Clients acknowledge that due to the nature of these adventure rentals that there may be items that stop working while out on your rental. This can include zippers of your tent, your fridge, a light on your vehicle. The fact that these items stop working on your rental does not warrant a refund.
- You will encounter dust in the African bush. Dust will enter your vehicle/s. No early returns or refunds for inconvenience caused by dust.
- All relevant documentation ( permission letters, cross border documents ) is handed to you on collection of the vehicle. Should you request a reissue of these documents a fee of R 750 is applicable. These documents need to be returned at the end of the rental.
- Any cross-border documents you collected when crossing borders with the vehicle must be handed in at the return of the vehicle in order for us to move the vehicle through borders. Cost of reapplying for documents will be passed on to the client. Eg TIP ( Temporary Import Permits )
- Costs for the repair / assistance when a client run out of fuel / diesel / lose the vehicle keys or put in the wrong type of fuel or contaminated / dirty fuel, is for the client to cover.
- Please make sure you have a copy of your driver’s license, identity document and passport when on route.
- All pictures, illustrations and text are representations only. Variances could occur.
- All disputes are settled under the jurisdiction of a Magistrates Court in South Africa.
- Clients keeps indemnified and holds Travel Concessions Africa ( PTY ) Ltd , South Africa 4×4 Rentals or any director, employee or appointed agents harmless against all loss, damage or claim of whatsoever nature or form.
TRAVEL CONCESSIONS TO SIGN HERE
Thus, done and signed at_________________ on this ______ day of____________ 2016
For: Travel Concessions Africa (Pty) Ltd
Who warrants that he is duly authorised hereto
CLIENT TO SIGN HERE
Thus, done and signed at_________________ on this ______ day of____________ 2016